Apple Pay is one of the newest options to make your deposits at online casinos to play real money slot games. This deposit mode is yet to come to all online casinos but few casinos have listed this in their deposit and banking page. This payment mode is simple to process, speedy and offers great security.
Apple Pay is a digital transaction service that allows you to keep your credit cards on your phone, so you don’t have to carry a wallet everywhere you go so you can tap to pay with your smartphone at any supported Near Field Communication (NFC) terminal, but securely with Touch ID, without needing to have your physical cards on you.
Apple Pay Casinos allow players to fund their accounts directly through the phone app, giving them the opportunity to keep their private financial information off of the casino as well as making things incredibly convenient. Casinos that accept Apple Pay are offering you the same incredible casino experience you’ve come to rely on, but with the added convenience of a new, easy to use deposit method.
TD and Scotiabank are also live with Apple Pay for their credit and debit cards. Also Royal Bank of Canada and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce bank customers can now add their bank-issued debit or credit cards. ATB Financial and Canadian Tire Financial customers can add their credit cards too. TD Dominion Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Montreal are also joining Apple Pay.
There are 28.5 million adults with Interac debit cards issued by Canada’s banks, and about 70 million credit cards. But only about 38 per cent of Canadian smartphone users have iPhones, and among them only some are using Apple Pay.
How to use Apple Pay?
The following devices work with Apple Pay: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone SE. Apple Pay is also on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 but lacks tap to pay, so you’re limited to in-app purchases. You can also use the Watch for Apple Pay, which means you don’t need your phone on you to make a payment.
- To get started, Open your iPhone and go to settings
- Under Wallet & Apple Pay there is a link: “Add Credit or Debit Card”. Clicking on that shows you a commercial for why this is a good idea (which warns “Apple may use anonymous data location to improve its services”), and then hitting Next activates your camera and a credit-card shaped window.
- Line up your card with that window and it will read the numbers on it (you can also just use a keypad).
- Then once you do the usual expiration date and security code routine, you have added a card to Apple Pay.
- It will then ask if it can “Access your location while you use the app?” which it says will be used to show “relevant passes” and “identify store locations.” Apple Pay will still work without this extra layer of tracking data, but it’s entirely your choice to trust them with it.
- Funding your Apple Pay account is incredibly simple. Apple Pay works like a digital wallet, allowing you to add as many credit and debit cards as you’d like to your wallet.
How to use Apple Pay at Online Casinos
When you use Apple Pay at an online casino, it is processed the same way as an eWallet. So when you choose Apple Pay from the list of casino deposit methods available, it will open the app for you and allow you to choose which card you want to use. Then, you can either verify the payment with a passcode or with touch ID. It’s as simple as that. The whole process takes minutes at most and then you’re instantly able to start betting on all of your favorite slot games at Apple Pay casinos.
Few facts to note
Note as an added security feature, Apple Pay only works on payments under $100 (anything over that, you have to enter a separate PIN).
Where Apple Pay adds function is in security your iPhone needs to read your fingerprint in order for a tap transaction to process. Right now, anyone who might have grabbed your NFC-enabled credit card could tap your money away without having to prove their identity. With Apple Pay, a virtual credit card number is created so if you lose your phone you don’t have to cancel your credit card; it can just be deactivated remotely.
Instead of entering your credit card details on your smartphone, you can also use Apple Pay on some apps that support digital purchases.
Advantages of using Apple Pay at casinos
Apple Pay is a very convenient, safe way to make payments for products. So it should come as no surprise that online casinos are now testing the waters to see how they can let their customers use it. So far, there have been plenty of advantages for using Apple Pat at online casinos.
First, when you use Apple Pay casinos, your deposit will be credited to your account instantaneously. It’s also extremely easy to use. Adding cards takes maybe three seconds through settings. Accessing Apple Pay through your online casino involves pressing a button.
When you do request a deposit using Apple Pay casinos, you can verify it with your touch ID. If you don’t want to use touch ID, you can just use your passcode.
If the Apple ID sensor has trouble reading fingerprints of wet, sticky or filthy fingers. But according to Apple Support, there are other times you will need to re-enter your passcode to get Apple Pay to work:
- If you’ve just restarted your device
- If your fingerprint isn’t recognized five times in a row
- If you haven’t unlocked your device in more than 48 hours
- If you’ve just enrolled or deleted fingerprints
For those of you who enjoy your security, you’ll also appreciate the fact that Apple Pay does not store transaction history. So people won’t be able to track your spending history just because you’re using this IOS wallet.
Also you don’t even have to pay a fee to use this service. Using Apple Pay casinos comes with absolutely no fees attached. So it doesn’t matter if your deposit is for $10 or $100, it’s free.
The minimum amount you can deposit is $5. The most you can deposit is $5,000 (Depends on credit card you use). Remember that Deposit limits do not reflect the wager limits.
Disadvantages of using Apple Pay at casinos
There are a few disadvantages that go along with using Apple Pay as a deposit method.
- There is no way to retrieve your funds if you use Apple Pay to fund your account. As of right now, there are no Apple Pay withdrawal methods. Which means you’ll have to work with the online casino to find another way to collect any winnings.
- Apple Pay might be a great way for certain iPhone users, the feature is not available on all models. Anything older than an iPhone 6 does not have the feature and cannot use it to fund their account.
- Apple Pay is still a relatively new service and therefore only few online casinos have this rolled out on their banking page.
Best Apple Pay Casinos
There are a very very few Apple Pay casinos available at the moment, but there’s only one that stands out from the crowd. This site is available in more countries than any other online casino in the market. With a large gaming selection and tons of promotions for its players, this site is truly the best Apply Pay Casino and that is Bet 365.
Although it’s got a new deposit method, Bet365 is not a new casino. This online casino has made a name for itself as one of the most varied online gambling sites around. Not only will you have more slots than you could possibly ever play available at your fingertips, you’ll also have a wide variety of table and video poker games. Whether you choose to play with a live dealer or stick with the random number generator, there’s a game for everyone at Bet365.
888 casino has started Apple Pay deposits but currently available for their UK players only.