Siri is one the personal assistants you look forward to when using your iPhone. Siri helps you to interact with the apps and services easily. Hey Siri commands feature lots of things that Siri can do for you. With the feature activated, saying “Hey Siri” replaces the long press on the home button. This makes it even easier for you to choose the next song to play in your car, or know whether you need an umbrella outside, get to know the latest sports scores, send messages, call friends and lots more. So if you own an iPhone and still you have not turned on Hey Siri then here is to do in iOS10. If you won previous iOS version then it is just in the general settings you need to tap the Siri On.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Siri.
- Turn On the option for Hey Siri.
- Now make sure your iPhone or iPad is plugged into a charger.
- Say Hey Siri.
So lets start step by step guide as how to do in iOS 10
- First unlock your iPhone the way you usually would. If you use your finger with TouchID, do so now. Enter your PIN Code now if you don’t use TouchID. If you don’t use any kind of security on your iPhone at all, press the home button to unlock your device.
- Now you enter the home screen. Look for the Settings app on your home screen.
3. On the Settings screen turning on Hey Siri is a feature that can be found inside of Siri’s settings. Scroll down a bit until you see the Siri icon. Tap Siri.
4. In order to use the Hey Siri command in iOS 10, you’ll need to have the personal assistant enabled in the first place. Flip the switch labeled Siri to turn on Siri.
5. Next, your iPhone will ask you if you’re sure you’d like to enable the personal assistant since she relies on Apple’s servers and your personal information to make life easier for you. Tap on Enable Siri if you’re comfortable agreeing to Apple’s terms.
6. Look for the Allow “Hey Siri” field and flip the switch to the right to turn it on.
7. iOS 10 allows you to keep Siri listening without having to keep your iPhone plugged in at your desk or in the car. Apple has also added a set-up screen for guiding you through the process of getting the voice command going. Tap Continue.
8. Now your iPhone will have you say some phrases so that it can better understand your voice. Note that you might want to do this in quiet place as your iPhone will pick up any close background noise.
9. Now that you’re back at the Siri settings area, flip the Access When Locked switch. This will allow you to access most of Siri’s features without having to unlock your phone first.
That being said, one of the restrictions Apple dropped with iOS 9 was the requirement that modern iPhones be plugged into a power outlet before Hey Siri can be used. With the iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s Plus and iPhone 6s Plus, you can use the Hey Siri command at anytime – even if your smartphone isn’t plugged in. Also note that turning on Hey Siri doesn’t seem to ruin iPhone battery life.
When unplugged, your iPhone or iPad has to have Low Power Mode disabled for the “Hey Siri” command to work effectively. This is because Low Power Mode restricts what apps can do in the background.
When your iPhone is plugged in and charging, you can just say “Hey Siri” out loud to activate Siri. So, if you plug it in every night when you go to bed, you can say “Hey Siri” followed by “Set an alarm for 7 a.m.” to set an alarm for the next morning. You shouldn’t have to pause after saying “Hey Siri” — just keep talking normally.
It will analyze the sound nearby until they notice you’ve said the activation phrase, and then they kick into action.
So Siri did you understood the steps above!