In Canada, there are a number of resources available to help individuals struggling with gambling addiction. Some options include:
- Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is an independent non-profit organization that provides information and resources to help individuals make informed choices about gambling. They offer education, research, and support services to help prevent gambling-related problems.
- PlaySmart is a Canadian organization that provides information and resources to help individuals make informed choices about gambling. It is a program of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) which is a crown corporation of the government of Ontario.
- The Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) provides specialized treatment for individuals with gambling addiction. They offer a range of services, including assessment, counseling, and support groups.
- The Canadian Problem Gambling Index (CPGI) is a national program that provides information and support to individuals affected by gambling addiction. They offer a helpline, counseling services, and support groups.
- Government of Canada, through the Public Health Agency of Canada, provides resources and information about problem gambling and its prevention.
It’s important to remember that seeking help is a courageous step towards recovery and there are many people who are willing to support and guide you through this process.