In Canada, there are a number of resources available to help individuals struggling with gambling addiction. Some options include:
- Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is an independent non-profit organization that provides information and resources to help individuals make informed choices about gambling. They offer education, research, and support services to help prevent gambling-related problems.
- PlaySmart is a Canadian organization that provides information and resources to help individuals make informed choices about gambling. It is a program of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) which is a crown corporation of the government of Ontario.
- The Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) provides specialized treatment for individuals with gambling addiction. They offer a range of services, including assessment, counseling, and support groups.
- The Canadian Problem Gambling Index (CPGI) is a national program that provides information and support to individuals affected by gambling addiction. They offer a helpline, counseling services, and support groups.
- Government of Canada, through the Public Health Agency of Canada, provides resources and information about problem gambling and its prevention.
It’s important to remember that seeking help is a courageous step towards recovery and there are many people who are willing to support and guide you through this process.
Self-exclusion programs are an important tool for individuals who struggle with gambling addiction. These programs allow individuals to voluntarily ban themselves from gambling establishments or websites for a specific period of time, ranging from months to years. By self-excluding, individuals can limit their access to gambling opportunities and create a barrier to prevent impulsive behavior.
One online resource for self-exclusion in Canada is PlayOLG. PlayOLG is an online gambling website that is run by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG).
Gambling Support Network: The Gambling Support Network is a free, confidential service that offers help and support for individuals who are experiencing problems related to gambling. They offer online and telephone counseling services, as well as resources and information about gambling addiction.
Gamblers Anonymous: Gamblers Anonymous is a self-help organization that provides support and guidance for individuals who are struggling with problem gambling. They offer online meetings, as well as a forum for individuals to connect with others who are going through similar experiences.
ConnexOntario: ConnexOntario is a free, confidential service that offers information and referrals for individuals who are seeking help for mental health and addiction issues, including problem gambling. They offer online chat and telephone services, as well as a database of local resources and treatment options.
ProblemGambling.ca: ProblemGambling.ca is a website that offers information and resources for individuals who may be struggling with problem gambling. They offer a self-assessment tool, as well as information about treatment options and support services.
Online Forums and Support Groups: There are many online forums and support groups that provide a space for individuals to connect with others who are struggling with problem gambling. These communities offer a supportive environment where individuals can share their experiences and receive guidance and support from others who may be going through similar challenges.