DoorDash food delivery app is quite well known and was launched in Ottawa a few months back for iPhone users, connecting residents with over 1,100 local restaurants. DoorDash will be available across Ottawa, Kanata and Nepean, as well as neighbourhoods such as Old Ottawa South, Westboro, Byward Market, Centerpointe, Bayshore, Sandy Hill and the University of Ottawa.
DoorDash food delivery app is available in over 350 cities across Canada and the U.S., including Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver. DoorDash’s Vancouver services include alcohol delivery. Orders can be placed between 11 am and 10 pm from restaurants such as pizza and burger joints, cafés and ice cream shops.
DoorDash deliveries can be made through the service’s website or in the free app.
How DoorDash Works with iPhone?
- All you need is to download the free app on your iPhone from iTunes
- Now create your account or sign in with Facebook
- Next find or browse your favourite cravings with a huge selection of restaurants.
- Then place an order, you can even place group orders
- Then Track where your order is
- Depending on the size of your actual order, the app may provide an updated estimate on the Checkout page. When a restaurant is “Busy,” it means that their current delivery time exceeds the standards for a fast delivery, and they’re temporarily not accepting orders for that restaurant. Once you place an order the app will update you on your delivery status as it’s being made and picked up.
- The app also offers Promo codes that can be redeemed on the Checkout page by entering your code into the Promo Code box.
- Dashers will ask for an ID and use proprietary technology on their smartphones to check the validity of a customer’s form of identification. Upon delivery, you may be asked to produce your ID along with the credit card used to make the purchase.
- Also note that if you are below 21 years of age you will not be delivered a booze or any alcohol
The cost when ordering through DoorDash food delivery app on your iPhone
Your order’s total cost includes the price of the menu items and tax, plus a delivery fee, and an optional tip to the Dasher. Ordering from some restaurants may include an additional service fee. Fees vary by region and restaurant. You can see the delivery and service fee for the specific restaurant you’re ordering from on the checkout screen or by clicking on the delight score on the menu page.
Also, note that the vast majority of menu prices on DoorDash will be the same as they are in-store. In some cases, menu prices on DoorDash may be higher than in-store prices.
If you are generous you can tip your dashers or delivery person. Standard tipping ranges are similar to those of the broader service industry.
Dashers are shown a guaranteed amount that they will earn when they are offered a delivery. In addition to 100% of the tip, Dashers will always receive at least $1 from DoorDash. Where the sum of $1 plus tip is less than the guaranteed amount, DoorDash will provide a pay boost to make sure the Dasher receives the guaranteed amount. Where that sum is more than the guaranteed amount, the Dasher keeps the extra amount.
Tips can be entered on the Checkout page prior to completing your order.
Some of the features of the Door Dash App
- You can order food from anywhere in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary and more.
- There are more than 110,000 menus across 800+ cities in the U.S. and Canada. New restaurants and delivery locations added daily. S
- Choose from a huge variety of cuisines, from your favorite sushi spot to the comfort food you crave.
- Advance ordering allows you to get your food when it’s most convenient for you.
- See when your order will arrive and order as little or as much as you want.
- Conveniently you can pay via Apple Pay or credit card.
- The app requires iOS10.0 or later iPhone to work all smooth.
We hope that you will be able to enjoy this app at times when you feel famished and ravenous. It is one of the best food delivery apps available in Canada.