At the Esports arena, the spotlights are on and the crowd is cheering. The players are walking up to the stage to get in position for the next big esports tournament. Once the players take their seats, however, they’re seated not in front of a console or PC, but in front of iPads and iPhones.
That was the scene at the 2016 Vainglory World Championships in the historic TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. While games like League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive rule the esports airwaves, cell phone games like Vainglory and Clash Royale are slowly becoming ingrained in the esports scene.
When Vainglory was used to show off the graphical capabilities of the then-new iPhone 6 at Apple’s announcement event back in September of 2014, the world got its first real look at what a true cell phone MOBA could look like. At that point, League of Legends was starting to reach a critical mass, with the prize pool for that year’s World Championship already crossing the $2 million mark. While the game was already one of the most played in the world due to its free-to-play model, there was still a barrier to entry due to needing a somewhat decent computer to run it and a high-skill level to succeed at it. That’s where iPhone games come into play.
Rather than needing a computer that costs hundreds of dollars to play League, now you could simply download an app on your phone and play a full-featured MOBA in the same vein as League.
Esports- The Game Play
Canadians are already obsessed with Esports and have gained popularity in this sport. Commonly known as Electronic sports this game features video games that are played at a competitive level and involve an audience of spectators. The base for esports is that there are players who compete at a high level of skill, organizers who run events and tournaments, and spectators who bring in viewership and interest in the scene.
This industry has been growing exponentially over the past few years, moving from small venues and local competitions to global events with tournaments being broadcast all over the world. Esports has culminated into such a large community that people getting on their PCs and cell phones just to place money on their favourite video game can be considered a commonality. Esports has become such a popular industry that it has surpassed that of other sports organizations like the NBA, NFL, and the MLB. It’s on the rise, and with the rise of esports comes a larger fanbase dedicated to monetizing.
Esports- The future of the gaming industry
When Riot Games announced that Toronto would host its North American League of Legends (LoL) Championship Series Summer Finals in August 2016, the eSports event at the Air Canada Centre sold out in less than a day. The home of the Maple Leafs and Raptors was taken over by 15,000 fans for what, at its most basic, is an online game of capture the flag featuring swords and sorcerers. It may sound crazy to some, but what Canadians experienced at the ACC is only a taste of a much larger global phenomenon.
While many think of video games as the pastime of basement dwelling teenagers, they have now taken centre stage at some of the world’s most iconic stadiums. Properties like LoL, Counter Strike and Dota2 have thriving international championship circuits, with astonishing prize pools up for grabs, such as Dota2’s $20 million. According to SuperData, a research firm that monitors eSports, total 2016 viewership exceeded 216 million. With a compound annual growth rate of 31.8 per cent, revenues are expected to hit $1.488 billion by 2020 with audiences growing to almost 600 million (CAGR of 15.4 per cent for enthusiasts and 17.2 per cent for occasional viewers).
Brands are expected to contribute to the revenue stream through sponsorships ($266 million), advertising ($155 million) and media rights ($95 million) with the potential to double by 2020. Viewers also contribute to the industry through spending and the average enthusiast to spend is expected to rise to $5.20 by 2020.
Where and how to play Esports online with your iPhone?
Most of the online casinos that offer Esports are optimized for cell phone gaming be it your Android or iOS device. Here are some of the best online casinos to enjoy Esports. You can either download the casino app from iTunes or from the casino website on your iPhone to get started or simply type the URL of the casino on your cell phone safari browser and get started. You need to register and make a real money CA$ deposit to open your real money casino account to bet on Esports with your iPhone.
Get a 100% bonus when you make a deposit as a new player and a welcome bonus of CAD200
Get CAD2500 as a welcome bonus when you join this casino to play with your iPhone.
Grab CAD 1000 as a new player at this online casino
As a welcome bonus, this casino offers CAD88
Grab a welcome bonus of CAD 1000 when you join the casino and get CAD 200 free bet when enjoying Esports.
Electronic sports betting possibilities are endless. You can wager on all sorts of leagues, tournaments, and events. Canadians love betting on League of Legends, Counter Strike Go, Dota 2, Call of Duty, Hearthstone, Overwatch, StarCraft II, and many others. You can bet on regional, national, and international finals. Pick the outright winners of a particular match or wager on the number of kills, how many dragons are slain, or the team to destroy the first tower in LoL. There are thousands of possible bets.
Things to consider before placing your bets for Esports with your iPhone
Unlike betting in land casinos, online betting is less rigorous, and you can get started right away with ESports betting at online casinos. But there are a few things to consider before you place your bets for Esports on your iPhone.
- You should know your game as there is a wide variety of esports you can play. Some of the most popular are Overwatch, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Hearthstone, and Defense of the Ancients. All of these have become the subject of major online betting sites across the web.
- Also you need to know as how your game works. This includes knowing the aspects of the game, and what players do in order to win.
- When betting on a team or an individual, you’ll want to know how they’ve performed in the past. If they’ve been a powerhouse that’s been dominating the game, they’re probably a good choice to bet on. Note that the higher the odds are, the lower the payout.
- If you want to bet on the underdog or want the big payout despite the low odds you’ll want to be careful with your money. When betting on the underdog, you not only want to check their past record, but you also want to check every type of stat possible.
- Also make sure that you can stay up to date with the stats is an important aspect to give yourself the upper edge. It not only lets you know how the team has been performing, but it also gives you a good idea of how the game is going to turn out.
- You should know the players as before you can bet on someone and entrust your money on how they do, you need to know who you’re betting on. Knowing a player doesn’t mean knowing what their name is and where they were born. Knowing a player means you know their playstyle, how they’ve performed in the past, and what their current status is.
- The difference between betting on an upcoming novice and an experienced veteran can be huge in terms of which one can make you more money. Like if you’re betting on a Hearthstone player, you’ll want to know what types of decks they specialize in. Or if you’re betting on League of Legends, you’ll want to know how they play, what their main champions are, and what role they’re most proficient at.
- If you know that a player or team performs much better against a specific opponent because you’ve watched this team over and over, then your chances of winning big is sure.
- Also knowing the organizations of a specific esport can be an advantage over other rival bettors. Due to most esports being cutthroat in terms of the system, most rookie teams rarely last long on the competitive scene. Note that an organization is the mastermind behind who runs the team. Organizations like Cloud9, OpTic Gaming, and Fnatic have been powerhouses in this area, controlling different esports and bringing out strong results for the bettors and fans alike.
Esports games to bet online with your iPhone
Here are some top-notch esports that has been reputable for their large fanbase and popularity, making them top picks for your next betting fortune.
- Counter Strike can be considered to be the originator of the esport betting scene. CS:GO, which stands for Counter-Strike Global Offensive, is an extremely popular first-person shooter, which has accumulated a large dedicated fanbase since its arrival in 2012. Counter-Strike became one of the first esports to be betted on.
- League of Legends has become the largest esport of the year, accumulating millions of viewers to its annual League of Legends World Championship. Because League of Legends has a fanbase that goes into the tens of millions, there’s no doubt that the betting scene is just as large. League of Legends has grown to become the most viewed and most played video game in the world in the current day. With this comes a large betting audience to accompany it. The betting scene of League of Legends has high risks, but with it comes plentiful rewards.
- Overwatch has been one of the most popular video games to release in the twenty-first century, largely thanks to the fresh face it gives to the first-person shooter genre. However, the anticipation of it becoming an official esport has become far more exciting than the game itself.
- If you want a fresh esport that has lots of potential in the near future, you’ll want to keep your eyes on Overwatch. They’ve already proven themselves to be one of the top video games, and even when Overwatch was only testing out the esport scene, they were bringing in more viewers than most esports.
- There are other games like DOTA 2, World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2 and many others to enjoy and make a real fortune.
With your iPhone betting with Esports is easy as you don’t need to physically go to a casino or the event itself. All you need to do is get your cell phone with WI-FI service and you are all set to play. Also do not forget to grab the awesome welcome bonuses, betting bonuses when you play Esports at online casinos with your iPhone.
Esports is setting a new trend in the field of gaming. People have never been more engaging in 5v5 battles more than now.