How to Record the Screen on Your iPhone
So you are struggling to understand how to Record the Screen on your iPhone? Now with the help of Apple’s new feature, screen recording has become a thing and you can now enjoy recording your funny videos on your mobile if you are unable to share them or you can also record your latest Fortnite victory on it. With this new feature that Apple has provided it becomes easier to record videos on devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
Prepare for Screen Recording- How to Record the Screen on your iPhone?
However convenient the screen recorder might be, you need to set up the feature in your Control Centre. Just go to Settings > Control Centre > Customize Controls. After that select the plus icon (+) next to Screen Recording. This would make the Screen Recorder icon available on the Control Centre. You can access this feature by either swiping up from the bottom of the screen or swiping down. These gestures are available on the iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR.
Recording your Screen
Screen recording is inbuilt into iPhones, however, to utilize it, you first need to peruse if the screen record button is available in your Control Center or not. Swipe down from the top-right corner, to open the Control Center if you’re using an iPhone X or any later version of it. You need to swipe up if you have got an iPhone 8 or an earlier version of it. Check again to look if you have found the screen record button, that looks like a dot with a circle encircling it. If you still don’t, this is how you can add it:
- Open up Settings
- Tap “Control Center”
- Tap “Customize Controls”
Now, that the preparations are done, you’re ready to record your screen. However, keep in mind that there are apps that obfuscate screen recording in the background. To start with:
- Open the app or website that you want to record
- Pull the Control Center menu up by swiping up, for iPhone 8 or earlier, or from the top-right corner, pull down the menu for iPhone X or later.
- The Do Not Disturb feature will temporarily put calls and notifications on hold. Tap the crescent moon button to switch on Do Not Disturb. This is quite useful as when you record your screen, you’ll be able to record everything that pops up, including the notifications. If you just press and hold the Do Not Disturb button, you’ll be introduced to even more options such as switching the notifications off for just around an hour or scheduling it when you want to pause them.
- Before you begin recording, tap and hold the screen record button. Press the microphone button on the pop-up screen to turn on the microphone. After this, press the “Start Recording” button. The countdown will start in this window. Tap anywhere else on the screen to exit the screen, and after that, press the next screen to exit the Control Center.
- Be aware that once you turn the microphone on, it will continue to stay on till the next time you record your screen. If you go back in and turn it off, it will stop recording.
- To stop recording you can also swipe up (or even down) to control the Control Center again and press the record button again.
Editing a Screen Recording
Editing the video once you have watched it’s also pretty simple. Apple’s Photos app makes it easy to edit video.
To edit the video, tap on the notification after recording the video which will lead you to Photos where your video has been originally saved. Here you can edit the video to your desire.
We hope that this tutorial and guide on how to screen record on your iPhone helped you.